Want more dead or alive? Join our mailing list to keep updated on the lastest information! With over 7,000 members, our mailing list is the largest text-oriented group in Yahoo! Groups' Celebrities category. To join, click on the Join Now! button, then log into or sign up for Yahoo! Groups.
Alternatively, you can subscribe by sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject and body of the message can be blank. You will receive a reply, which you must reply back to.
By subscribing, you will receive:
- Once a week - a roundup of all notable deaths over the past week. This mailout is usually sent on Sundays.
- Once a month - a list of people who are alive and age 80 or older. Usually sent on or around the first of the month.
- When it happens - a news bulletin when someone listed on doadb.com dies. On average, there will be about four death bulletins per month.
The mailing list is free, and you can unsubscribe at any time. We will not send you any junk mail; we will only send the items listed above - typically about nine messages per month, in total.
The mailing list is powered by Yahoo! Groups, which sometimes has outages that are out of our control. When we post a death, we post it to our home page, the Who's Alive and Who's Dead message board, our Android app, our RSS feed, and Yahoo! Groups simultaneously. The first four locations are updated as soon as we press "Submit" on our end, but Yahoo! Groups gets updated on its own timetable. Most of the time, it's within a few seconds, but sometimes it takes hours, and, on very rare occasions, days. So, if you know someone has died and are wondering where your e-mail bulletin is, please check any of these other four locations for it before
complainingcontacting us. If it's there, we've taken care of it on our end and are just waiting, like you are, for Yahoo to do their job.
For our part, we at the Dead or Alive Data Base will never share your name or e-mail address with anyone else.
Many people have their e-mail filtered for spam, either on their own equipment, or by their internet provider. Since our mailouts are sent to thousands of subscribers at once, they are sometimes incorrectly flagged as spam. To be sure that our mailouts reach you, it will help to configure your spam filter as follows:
- Accept all mail from email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accept all mail where the subject line begins with wa-wd.com: or doadb.com:.